Every business needs insurance coverage to protect the company assets, and agriculture businesses are no exception. Depending on the type of agribusiness you operate, you may need one or more insurance policies to protect your company – and yourself.
What Is Agribusiness Insurance?
Agribusiness insurance is a general term that includes various types of insurance policies that cover agricultural businesses. These businesses may operate as farms, ranches or growers, or they may support businesses for these trades.
What Does Agribusiness Insurance Cover? What Are the Benefits?
Agribusiness insurance may cover a range of things, including all lines of commercial property casualty insurance. You may need agribusiness insurance policies such as:
- General Liability
- Personal Liability
- Equipment/Inland Marine
- Workers Compensation
Our policies are tailored to your business, so you’re covered for everything you need and nothing more.
Does Your Agriculture Business Qualify for Coverage?
We provide coverage options for a large variety of agribusinesses. If your business type is on this list, we can help you find the best coverage for your specific needs:
- Animal Slaughtering and Processing
- Beet Sugar Manufacturers
- Citrus Growers
- Commercial Growers and Packers
- Confectionery Manufacturers and Wholesalers
- Cotton Growers
- Dairy Product Manufacturers and Merchant Wholesalers
- Dried or Dehydrated Food Manufacturers
- Estate Farms
- Family Farms and Ranches
- Farm Supplies Merchant Wholesalers
- Fertilizer Dealers and Distributors with Custom Mixing
- Fish and Seafood Merchant Wholesalers
- Flower, Nursery Stock & Florist Supplies Merchant Wholesalers
- Food Distributors and Processors
- Frozen Fruit Juices and Food
- Fruit and Vegetable Merchant Dealers
- Fruit and Tree Nut Farming and Processing
- Fruit and Vegetable Packing
- Grain and Field Crop Growers
- Horse Farms
- Livestock, including cattle and sheep
- Meat Packing Plants
- Milk Haulers
- Nursery, Garden Center and Farm Supply Stores
- Seafood Processing and Packaging
- Seed Merchants
- Sod Farms
- Soybean Processing
- Support Activities for Animal Production
- includes breeding services for animals
- dairy herd improvement activities
- livestock spraying
- sheep dipping & shearing
- Veterinary Services for Livestock
- Vineyards, Wineries and Tasting Rooms
- Wholesale Nurseries
Have Questions? Need a Quote?
If you have additional questions about agribusiness coverage or would like a quote from one of our agents, contact us to get in touch. You can also call us at 334.277.8970.
OTHER INSURANCE OFFERINGS
Interested in Thompson Insurance?
Please provide your details and we will contact you shortly.